VIEW THE STATS
Veteran Unemployment Rates: By The Numbers
The latest labor statistics reports that there are 2.4 million veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars with an unemployment rate hovering above 9% higher than the national average.
- More than 1 million service members projected to leave the military between 2011 and 2016
- 2.4 million U.S. veterans who had served post-9/11 *17% of those 2.4 million are female
- About 50% of all Gulf War II-era veterans are between the ages of 25 and 34
- 633,000 Gulf War II-era veterans reported having a service-connected disability
- 12.1% unemployment for Gulf War II-era veterans in 2011
- 29.1% unemployment rate for young male veterans (ages 18-24) who served post-9/11
* Veterans enlisted after September 11, 2001 is referred to as “Gulf War II-era veterans.”
Join forces with Warriors In The Workplace and help REVERSE the cycle!!!
Facts and figures provided by the bureau of labor statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, and reflect through the end of 2011.
Register an account – Choose ”Post a Job” from the WITW Job Board menu.